Low Vision Glasses
Low vision glasses are designed to help individuals with low vision by providing them with the magnification and visual aids they need to perform daily tasks such as reading or writing. These glasses are prescribed by an eye doctor and can be customized to meet the individual's specific needs.
Benefits of Low Vision Glasses:
• Improved vision: Low vision glasses can help individuals with low vision see more clearly, which can improve their quality of life.
• Customizable: Low vision glasses can be customized to meet the specific needs of the individual, making them a great option for those with more severe visual impairments.
• Easy to use: Low vision glasses are easy to use and can be worn like traditional eyeglasses. Features of Low Vision Glasses:
• Magnification: Low vision glasses provide magnification, which helps individuals see objects more clearly.
• Prism lenses: Prism lenses can be used to help individuals with low vision see more clearly by adjusting the way light enters the eye.
• Contrast enhancement: Some low vision glasses are designed to enhance contrast, making it easier for individuals to see objects that might otherwise be difficult to see. Polarized Wearover Glasses Polarized wearover glasses are designed to fit over traditional eyeglasses to provide individuals with additional protection against glare from the sun. These glasses are particularly useful for individuals with low vision who might struggle with bright sunlight.
Benefits of Polarized Wearover Glasses:
•Reduced glare: Polarized wearover glasses reduce the amount of glare from the sun, making it easier for individuals with low vision to see in bright sunlight. • Convenient: Polarized wearover glasses can be worn over traditional eyeglasses, making them a convenient option for those who need additional protection from the sun.
• Affordable: Polarized wearover glasses are generally more affordable than prescription sunglasses, making them a cost-effective option for individuals with low vision. Features of Polarized Wearover Glasses:
• Polarized lenses: Polarized lenses are designed to reduce glare and improve visual clarity, making them an essential feature of polarized wearover glasses.
• UV protection: Polarized wearover glasses provide protection against harmful UV rays from the sun, which can be particularly important for individuals with low vision. • Lightweight and comfortable: Polarized wearover glasses are typically lightweight and comfortable to wear, making them a great option for individuals who need to wear them for extended periods of time. In conclusion, both low vision glasses and polarized wearover glasses can be beneficial for individuals with low vision. Low vision glasses provide magnification and other visual aids to help individuals see more clearly, while polarized wearover glasses provide protection against glare from the sun. Individuals with low vision should consult with an eye doctor to determine which type of glasses is best suited for their needs.